7.09.2016

How To Detect A Fake MAC Lipstick.

Hey everyone, If you follow me on twitter you may or may not know i had a major obsession with Depop throughout June, Since it was my birthday I wanted to treat myself, So I bought a few products that I wanted to try out before actually purchasing brand new ones because I couldn't bring myself to spend a lot of money on things I may potentially hate. So one item in particular i've wanted to try for the longest and thats MAC's Ruby Woo lipstick because I know it's such a versatile shade and it suits all skin tones. However this particular lipstick is on Depop and its very rare to actually find a genuine version of this. So I wanted to share with you several ways in which you can detect a fake.

Lets start with the boxes: So on all genuine boxes have the names printed on stickers whereas the fakes are printed onto the box.
 The real lipstick have the barcode on a sticker whereas again the fake is on the box.
 This one is a little harder to spot but the fonts are actuallly different on the ends of the box.
if you look closely at the silver banding around the lipsticks, the genuine one doesnt stick out like the fake
The silver finish on the real lipstick is actually quite shiny, whereas the fake is more of a dull colour. 
If you look closely the little dots are different and shapes and the casing on the lipsticks re diffenrt, the fake sports a kind've black glittery effect.
the lipstick on real mac lipsticks are not pointy at the end, they are rounded off, whereas the fake has a kinda pointy end.

The lids dont fit either, this is the genuine lid on the fake, it is too big.
The majority of mac lipsticks wont have a number at the bottom as well as the finish of the lipstick, plus the stickers have diffent finishes.

I hope you found this to be of some use, i'm not the best at describing things lol.






No comments:

Post a Comment